Sunday 8 January 2012

Don't Call Me Ishmael (Humble Beginnings)

Welcome any and all to the wonderful and often excitedly convoluted thought patterns of me, Scott Dixon.
To get me started and motivated about a concept so foreign as 'blogging' I have invented a little task for myself :) .
For Christmas this year I received a handy little book called '101 things i learned in architecture school' by Matthew Frederick... Who's website is HERE .
On my quest for knowledge I've decided to pay a sort of homage, and come out of the other end of it with some evident learning experiences.


After struggling for 30 minutes with a decidedly awkward hole punch, I salvaged some left over chord from attempted Xmas craft and strung this little beauty together :D.
The premise so far is to do one a day, for 101 days. The first one looks like this:

My sketch lines are always feathery, and its evident I need to spend more time shaping and spacing my print, but the point remains. Hopefully tomorrow I'll find time to upload some pictures of my favorite things around the house, and as soon as I'm volunteering at the gallery I'm sure countless thoughts will broach my skull.
Sincerely, myself. (  tweet #ScottD1xon  )

Note: Remember to carry notepad and pen with me more often.

1 comment:

  1. Taking a line for a walk eh? Best of luck with this project, I'll be watching with interest.

    ReplyDelete