Wednesday 18 January 2012

genius loci?

Sanibonani fellow organisms!
This is the first time I'm blogging and not in the house, which is a little strange. Anyhow, last night i took some pictures around the house, and remembered to snap the wand I made that I was reminded of by Matthew Donnelly.
I once received a book about trees in britain, and identified some of them in my local park. After a whole lot of chopping and peeling i ended up with a stack sized about four fold of this:
Once upon a time they were bundled very neatly under my bed, and there they stayed four about six months. I have a few wands made, the one pictured above was a present to my mother, and my first attempt. Since then my carving has improved. I also learned that a pagan wand should stretch from the crook of your elbow to the tip of your index finger.

Anyhow my time has been cut short for today, here is page 9 of 101TILFAB.
The example in the genuine article was something I hadn't really heard of or anything, so I decided to draw a quick sketch of Postman's Park in London, one of my favorite places. If you haven't heard of it, it's a wonderful little place to sit for lunch that dictates on old stone plaques little stories of hero's. People who died trying to, or saving others.
Sincerely, my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment